Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Native Americans- Powhatan and Pocahontas

I was asked to do a custom set of Powhatan and Pocahontas.  I had to do some research.  I'm not really up on what sets different tribes apart from others, so after much reading on the Internet, I learned a few things.  Before the Europeans, the Powhatan tribe used dogs for pack animals.  The women wore skirts down past the knee.  Men wore breechcloths and leggings if it was cold.  (I guess it was cold for my guys because I just couldn't bring myself to allow them to stay barelegged.) They used dugout canoes for transportation on the water and lived in wigwams and longhouses.  I'm still not a professional, but I definitely know more about their tribe than I did when I started.  :-)
 
If you find this set useful, let me know what you plan to use it for!
 

 
We're now at 43 followers.  At 50, I plan on having a giveaway, so send your friends on over so I can give something away! 
 
~Foxy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment