I saw this linky and I couldn't help myself... but can I come up with 10 fun things about me? Hmmmm... I'm not totally sure. Ok... I'll figure it out as I go!
1. I have an obsession with Mustangs. My first car was a 1968 Mustang. I had to sell it in college... I just couldn't afford to keep it. I now have 3. One I bought a few years ago... and finally have paid for, lol... one that my dad gave me because I begged to buy it from him. (It's not old enough to be a classic, but just old enough to not be worth a lot. lol... I love it though... it's a convertible.) The third one is a 1965 rust heap that barely runs, has no front passenger seat and the brakes don't work so good. Someday... she'll be a beauty. Maybe.
P.S. They have names. Trigger, Windy, and Rustang Sally. I bet you can figure out which is which.
2. One summer, when I was in high school, my mom and I lived mostly on cabbage. We were broke and that was the only thing that did well in our garden. I hated cabbage for a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. lol... Looking back on that, I realize that even though I might not have it all, I am VERY blessed these days... and every cloud has a silver lining. I lost tons of weight that summer! :-)
3. My favorite movie of all time is Forrest Gump. There are so many great quotes in that movie & it has the best soundtrack ever! I have watched it so many times that I feel like I have it memorized. Every time, I laugh my head off and ball my eyes out! I was in an elevator one day and hear the music from the beginning where the feather is floating and had to fight to keep from bursting into tears!
4. When I was in the 7th grade, I was in a school bus wreck. My bus ran off the road and flipped right out through a field. It rolled over several times. I think I kind of know what it would feel like to be in a dryer... without the heat! :-)
5. I love music. All kinds of music, but my very favorite kind is anything by the "hair bands" from the 80's! If they had big hair and wore eyeliner, I probably loved them... but I love some good old country music, too. Oh... and 50's & 60's stuff. Awesome. See... I told you I love music. I kick booty at song identification games. (Like Song Pop... but I had to quit. I was getting obsessed!)
6. I know how to run heavy equipment like bulldozers, backhoes and stuff. Yeah. I know that's weird, but that's what my dad does and my dad always expects me to give stuff a try. I'm not too great at it, but if he's desperate for help... I can. :-)
7. I talk too much. Yep. All the time. I type too much, too. Might as well be the same thing. lol
8. I started reading when I was 3 years old. My mom got annoyed with me asking what everything said, so she called up a friend that taught Kindergarten and said, "How do I teach this kid how to read?" She took her advice and taught me how. I ran with it. That's one of the reasons I grew up to be a librarian. ;-)
9. I was in the top 10 of my high school class. However, that doesn't mean very much when there are only 50 something kids in your class. :-)
10. I have had the same best friend for 25 years. At this point, we are no longer friends. We're family.
Now... you're probably ready for me to get to that giveaway I was talking about. I've already hinted about it before.
My buddy Jaime over at The 1st Grade Bloom is hosting a giveaway of some of our favorite stuff for back to school. She has an awesome literature unit and I am giving away a couple of sets of clip art. Click on the giveaway button below to go enter! :-)
I hope your Monday was fabulous & Tuesday is even better!