Friday, August 23, 2013

Five for Friday Linky Party... and new stuff in the store!

 
My 5 for Friday is all about my blessings.  I'm tired, and sometimes its hard to get out of the bed in the morning, but I need to count them.  There's way more than 5, but I'm going to start there.  :-)
 
Sorry there aren't any pictures!
 
1. I love my kiddos.  It has been so great this week to have them back in my life.  I'm so lucky that I get to have ALL of the students at our school and develop a relationship with them over the 6 years that they are there!  What a blessing those sweeties are!
 
2. I am a huge Chicago Bears fan even though I live in KY.  Strangely enough, our school nurse is too!  She had on the most awesome pair of bears flip flops the other day.  I told her how much I loved them and she mentioned that she had bought another pair thinking she might want another pair if this pair broke. (As we all know, flip flops are pretty likely to do that!) Anyway I told her I'd buy them from her.  She brought them the next day and wouldn't let me pay her for them.  Seriously... how sweet is that?  What a blessing!
 
3. My pooches... always a blessing.  There's just nothing like coming home to someone who is always happy to see you! Love is a wonderful thing... but there's no love any truer than the love of a dog. I witnessed a very nice thing this week.  A fella from my neighborhood that I had never met came to my house the other day with his wife.  When he knocked on my door, he asked me if I knew of anyone in the area who was missing a dog.  He had the dog in the truck with him.  I asked him if I could go out to see it, hoping I might recognize the pooch. I went out, he opened the door and the sweetest looking blue eyed mutt stuck his head out to greet me. I put my hands on each side of his face just like I do with my dogs & he gave me a big wet kiss.  :-) I didn't recognize him, but I felt so blessed to have someone in the area that cared enough to try find the four-legged fella's family. Believe me, I've thought a lot about how I would feel if one of my babies went missing. I'd be in horrible shape.  I hope he finds his home.  :-)
 
4. Tomorrow is the Founder's Day celebration in my hometown.  I look forward to it every year even though there isn't much to it.  ;-) I usually get to see a bunch of people that I haven't seen in forever! Every year, there's a street dance after dark.  The average age of people in the audience has to be above 50, but I'm usually there... and there's a good reason.  My daddy loves to dance and I always have to go and dance at least one slow dance with him.  We've done it for years.  It makes me smile. :-)
 
5. TpT... wow! Let me just say how much of a blessing this month has been!  The sale and all of the other things I've sold throughout the month... well, I'm not rich, but I sure don't have to worry about money as much as I used to.  It's such a blessing to have that extra income when you are a single person trying to pay for a house, etc.  Life is expensive.  TpT helps so much... and without you, none of it would happen.  I want to thank all of you so much for your purchases, shout outs, and everything else that you've done to help me in this adventure! You are a blessing!
 
On with the show...
 
This week I've posted several things, and I have several more products in the works.  Most of my products are clip art, but I decided to go ahead and give posting more of my library stuff a try. So... I posted my lesson plans for the first 3 weeks of school, hoping that it might save someone out there a little bit of time... or maybe there's a new librarian out there who is overwhelmed and doesn't know where to start.  Believe me, I remember those days! (Almost exactly 10 years ago!) My lesson plans for the library include "I can" statements, core content and 21st Century Learning Standards. I have also posted an activity that I used this week called, The Dewey Races and a new clip art set for rules and classroom helpers.
 
 


Classroom Jobs and Rules Clip Art Set :-)
 
I hope y'all have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment