Monday, October 14, 2013

I'm lazy and I don't want to go back to work...


Hello… it’s your absentee blogger here.  Ok…so I went on Fall Break last week and I’ve been lazy, but who really wants to drag out the laptop when they’re on the beach? 
 
I went to Orange Beach, AL to stay with some friends. Lucky dogs… they get to live there year round!  We had a blast just doing the normal things.  My only regret about the whole trip was that I didn’t get to see the turtles hatch.  Let me explain.  My friends that live there are part of a program called, “Share the Beach.” They help assure that the sea turtle hatchlings make it to the water after they emerge from their eggs.  I knew that they had two nests that were ready to hatch.  I was hoping that they’d hold out until I got there on Saturday, but both nests hatched on Friday night before I got there.  L Oh well, at least I got to go out and help with getting another nest ready for the eggs to hatch.  I just wish I could have seen those adorable little turtles... and you'll see why that makes me sad even though I had a great time when you see the picture below.
 
Anyhoo... on to other news and happenings.  My friend Deb (who happens to have a mini-me right on the header of her blog!) is having a giveaway to celebrate 1,000 TpT followers.  You'll love the stuff she's giving away and it includes any resource priced up to $8 from me!  Yay!  I love giving stuff away to my friends! :-)
 
 
 
I've also posted a few new things in my store this week.  Of course, I've posted my lesson plans for week 10. I don't think I ever even blogged about week 9.  Aggghhh.... it's so easy to get so far behind!
Week 9 was all about reviewing what we had learned and doing centers.  We had a blast.  Here's the evidence written on the faces of a couple of my cutie pies.   
 
 
 
 
I also posted a power point that we will be using this week as we learn and review information about GENRES.  I hope you'll find it useful! It goes right along with our genre bingo that can also be found in my store. 


 
 
...and finally, I posted some new clip art.  It isn't much, but it's more than I've had time to complete in quite a while. 





 
 
Sooo to sum it all up, I guess I'm not really all THAT lazy... but I really don't want to go back to work.  :-)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through the southern bloggers link up. Your clipart looks great!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete