Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This is NOT a font!/Not a Stick

Ok... I guess I probably read too many children's books, but from the very beginning of my clip artist career, when I have made a set of colored letters, I always have "This is NOT a font" in the title and every single time, it reminds me of a book that I love to use with my littlest students called, Not a Stick by Antoinette Portis. (She also has another one called Not a Box) It is just the greatest little book for getting your students up and moving and using their imagination.  Since I'm responsible for helping to teach drama at our school, I use the book to introduce Kindergarten students to the drama vocabulary, PROPS, because the piggie in the story has a stick, and he pretends that the stick is all sorts of things from a horse to a set of barbells! No matter what, it's NOT a stick! After we finish the story, I allow students to come up one at a time and use my yardstick to role play and like in charades, other students get to guess what they are pretending.  Sometimes I have to remind them not too make it too hard, but they LOVE the book and the activity.  (So do I.) :-) Who knows, maybe you could find a way to use that in your classroom?
 
Anyway, back to the clip art! Here's my latest NOT a Font! What do you think?  I've used them for everything from titles on things to sell on TpT to signs and bulletin boards in the library! What would you use them on?  Help me get to 50 followers and I'll give a set away!  I'll even let you pick from my "Not a Font" sets in my TpT store! What do ya think about that?! 
 


 
 
It's almost hump day! Hang in there!
 
~Foxy
 
P.S. Do you have a blog?  I'm willing to do giveaways to promote my blog/store! Contact me if you think we might be able to help each other! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello-
    I am your #30 follower!!
    I LOVE DOGS!
    I have a beagle mix Carrie. She actually comes to school with me! I just want to tell you I LOVE your stuff!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WooHoo! Thanks for being my 30th and for the really sweet compliment! I grew up with Beagles... they are so precious! If you've got any fabulous ideas for clip art you might like to see in the future, be sure to let me know because I'm always looking for ideas... even when I haven't finished the last set! :-)

      Delete