1. I'm thinking very seriously about buying new cabinets for my house, but I only moved in 4 years ago. I like what I have now... sort of. My step-brother built them & they are nice, but they've never had a finish on them and they don't have all of the "bells and whistles" of those awesome cabinets that you see in stores. But... building the cabinets saved me a ton of $$$ at the time. Now I have the opportunity to buy awesome cabinets and granite countertops for an amazing price! Do I need them? No, but even the step-brother who built my current cabinets says... BUY THEM! Here's a pic of the basic idea of what they'll look like. My backsplash will NOT be quite that bold. (Please excuse the crummy iPhone pic!)
2. I got to go out to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse... but I didn't have steak. I had a super-wonderful chicken dish called, Napa Valley Chicken. It had artichokes, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and cheese on top! Yum. Fairly healthy when paired with steamed veggies, but then I blew it completely by having a piece of Bananas Foster Cheesecake! It was sooooo worth it!
3. I'm almost finished with my library inventory! Yay! I'm also doing something sort of crafty for the library. I have a box (it used to be a classroom mailbox) that I use to keep all of our library cards in. I don't let students take them back to their rooms... otherwise, they would NEVER come back. It was in horrible shape, but I didn't want to buy another one.... this one has just the right amount of compartments! It's made out of cardboard, so it wasn't very sturdy either. It's getting better now! I've started covering it with duck tape! :-)
4. My big boy... Keimosabi, (he's almost 9) is nearly 100lbs. of lilly-livered chicken dog. It stormed the other night and, as usual, he kept me up! I gave him two melatonin pills... it didn't help! Hugging him doesn't help. NOTHING HELPS! He cries, he paces the floor. He puts his front paws on the side of my bed and stares at me until I wake up as if to say, "Wake up, Mommy! It's raining... We're gonna die!" And yes, he does believe that everytime it rains hard, we're going to die. He knows that with rain, there MIGHT be thunder and lightning. Thunder and lightning are a symbol of the end of the doggie world, apparently. His sister Bella, the baby (about 3 years old) just lays in the floor with all 4 paws straight up in the air. Nothing bothers her... except occasionally her brother's whining!
Keimosabi... a.k.a. Mo, the whining doggie.
5. When I wasn't busy making mini-me's this week, I've been working on an Egyptian set for a friend. Eventually, I WILL get it done! And when I wasn't busy with that or doing inventory at the library, I have been helping my dad with his excavation business. My job... operating a rake today. :-) That's my life. lol.