Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I always have a lot to say...





Christmas in July... lol... nah, just a cute pic from last Christmas :-)
 
I talk alot, but lately I've been at home working away... with no one to talk to but the dogs.  Occasionally, Bella will talk back.  Sometime I'll try to post a video of that.  She's quite funny when she starts howling.  Mo never says much.  He's the strong, silent type.  Anyway, I haven't really had anyone (human) to vent to.  So... I'm going to type to you.  :-) 
 
 I'm tired... and school hasn't started yet.
I've got so much to do.
Therefore, I am doing none of it.
Instead, I am talking to you.
But don't worry, I'll get back to work when I'm done.
 
My stress level rises every day as school gets closer.  It isn't just school stuff that I have to do.  In fact, the school stuff doesn't worry me all that much.  I know what I'm doing and I've got it covered.  Its all the OTHER things that I wanted to get done this summer that probably aren't going to happen.  Furniture I wanted to paint.
 
But... I also nearly make myself sick worrying about making this school year better than the last.
I do it EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.
After 10 years you'd think I would realize that it will all be ok.  Despite all of my planning, things will go wrong, but things will be alright.
 
I also get what I call the "Back to School Jitters." I am a high anxiety person.  I even take meds for it.  However, meds DO NOT cure it.  As the date gets nearer, I will feel like I'm going to hurl every time I think about the new school year.  Why?  I have NO CLUE, but it is something I have done since I was a little girl.  Yep, that's right, I even did it back when I was in first grade myself.  I guess I should look on the positive side and say that I can sympathize with those little wide eyed cuties on the first day.  Yep, kiddo.  I'm freaked out too.  In fact, I usually tell the kids that.  :-)
 
Am I the only crazy teacher out there?
 
Ok... that part of the rant is over.  lol
 
I just have to share this with you.  I really think I need it for my library and maybe even one to hang here at home.  :-)
 
 
'Nuff said.  lol.  Oh and in case you were wondering... the sign above is pretty accurate.  Problem is, you never really know when the Attack Librarian will strike. (But there's a pretty good chance she could strike really soon considering how stressed out she is!)  ;-)
 
Now for a couple of new products.... yea!!! 
 
As usual, my buddy Greg at Kindergarten Smorgasbord needed a new clip art set. That fella is seriously addicted to clip art... but I ain't complainin'.  lol
 
Anyway, Greg's the only one I can think of that would actually want clip art of a toilet...  lol.  Maybe you'll have some uses for it too. (Umm... the clip art, I mean.  Not a real toilet.) :-)
 
 
I also had a request to make some CAPITAL LETTERS to go with my confetti letters set. 
Someone was going to use them to teach capitalization. Ooops... no capitals in the set. 
So, I whipped some up. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also linked up to the linky above.  Need back to school stuff?  This is the place to look first. :-)
 
 
Wow... This was a long post... sorry.  lol
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm glad to know that someone else out there feels like me. Sometimes I feel so alone! My hubby is a teacher too and he never gets nervous. I feel just like you! Love, love, love that clip art set up there. The one with the tissue and wipes. The letters are adorable too!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your materials that you share!

    I also wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Please visit my blog at http://librarygals.blogspot.com/ for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel the same way as you do before school starts. I was even up at 4:00 this morning worrying and I have been teaching 25 years!!!!!
    Love your doggies...they are adorable! Dogs are good listeners.....too bad they can't help us with our workload!
    I really like all your materials...keep 'em coming and remember we think you're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I don't know what I'd do without my loyal 4-legged listeners! They really ACT like they're listening and being supportive... most of the time. Occasionally it's more like, "Mom, are you whining again?" lol

      Delete